windows xp piracy error

Discussion in 'Software' started by paytonaz69, May 13, 2009.

1. paytonaz69

paytonaz69 Private E-2

i Added some RAM to a friends pc and when I turned it back on I got this message saying that the version of windows XP might be counterfeit and that I had 3 days to activate. well this pc has been riddled with trojans which have somehow made it impossible to get online. So I downloaded the diagnostic tool to determine if it was in fact a pirated copy.... and i have no idea what to do next or what the report means i attached it anyone that can tell me what to do next would be greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm no expert on WGA, but from what I can see, the PC is a Gateway with an OEM version of WindowsXP supplied by Gateway, probably the original XP install from when the PC left the factory. So, I would say that yes, the Windows is genuine. You can activate Windows by telephone if needed. Just click on "Activate now" and you'll have the option of activating by internet or by telephone. It's a toll-free call in the US and Canada, and the process is completely automated; if a problem arises, you will be transfered to a human being in India and they can help sort out your product key issues. If there's a product key sticker on the side of (or on the the back of) the PC, you should enter it. When you click the 'activate by telephone' option, there will be a button for 'change product key'. Click it and enter the number on the sitcker BEFORE you call in for activation.
    :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds