Windows XP Prefetch Clean and Control

Discussion in 'Software' started by Old boy, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Old boy

Old boy Private E-2

I use the above application with no complications (Parameter: Monitoring Boot File Only). However, if I want to again see the prefetchings that accumulate in the Prefetch folder, what do I do to revert to the situation before applying the program? Thank you for any response!

2. Shataan

Shataan Private First Class

Not sure. I will have to take a look at the app you are using. But I can tell you MY prefetch findings. I read that you are supposed to clean your prefetch folder every now and then to keep your PC optimization speed up. Something to that effect. ;p So I deleted the Prefetch folder contents, and my PC bogged down. Then, I used Bootvis, and that fixed everything again.

I guess when ya delete the Prefetch folder stuff, the O/S is then trying to see what you are using alot of, what stuff is loading up drivers etc etc etc, and this is a drain on your system performance. Bootvis quickly does the analysis whereas the O/S is dog slow at this.

Using Bootvis to analyse, and then using the Bootvis Optimize function after reboot will quickly do what Windows seems to take forever to do. Gets your PC running tops again. At least, this is what I found that works for me.

3. Old boy

Old boy Private E-2

Thank you, Shataan, I understand your point. But, actually, the dilution of the prefetch folder is done via the program Windows XP Prefetch Clean and Control 1.2.0 I which I have downloaded from Major Geeks. In this program I have chosen the parameter Monitor Boot File Only. It works accordingly, but how can I unselect ALL of the four parameters?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds