Windows XP Pro Services Configurations

Discussion in 'Software' started by avilo4u, Dec 9, 2005.

1. avilo4u

avilo4u Private First Class

Hi,

I used the 'Windows XP Pro Services Configurations' recommendations to disable unwanted services and now my windows look has changed. Its colour is different and it looks different.

Does anyone know which one would have done this.

Thanx

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

I believe its the theme one with out having access to an xp box as i am at work.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

If you want the theme to look "normal", make sure that the service "Themes" is set to automatic.

I personally DO NOT install/run any sort of scheme to improve my OS. 99% of the programs that remove certain apps that I NEED, break my computer.

4. avilo4u

Hi,

I had it set to manual but it wouldnt change, now i have set it to auto and it works.

Thnks for your help. :)

5. avilo4u

Now its back to looking 'normal', thanx. What do you mean by 'install/run any sort of scheme to improve my OS'. What sort of programs would remove certain apps?

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Sorry, I've seen scripts and other files (Black viper---yuck), that say they improve the windows xp OS. Most disable features that are really needed.

In the end, I'm happy that what I suggested worked out for you.

7. avilo4u

Yeah i know what you mean.

I dont know that it made much of a difference to disable those services. oh well thanks for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds