windows xp pro spk 2 how to autoshutdown?

Discussion in 'Software' started by james layno, Jun 2, 2008.

1. james layno

james layno Private E-2

I have windows xp pro spk 2 how to autoshutdown?I also have force shutdown installed .restart is no problem but when i want to shut down it says your settings have been saved it is now safe to shut your system down.then i must manually shut it down.:majorI have no problem with that but is there some soft ware or program i can download to over come that and have the system automatically shut down after i give it the command to shut down,it has saved my settings and it is safe to shut down??:cool but not:cool
    thank you Daniel.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

From your description, it sounds like the PC goes through the shutdown sequence, but never fully powers off; instead it stops at a black screen that says "It is now safe to turn of your computer". Is that right? If so, it is most likely motherboard issue, and not a Windows issue, especially if it has always shut down this way. Go into the system BIOS (F1 or F2 or Del right when you power up) and check the Power Management settings. I can't remember exactly what setting your looking for, but it should be fairly obvious by the name of it. Just change it from Enabled to Disabled or vice versa. If this doesn't work, then it may be that you're running Windows on an older system that doesn't support ACPI (or you may need an ACPI driver; available as part of the chipset software from the motherboard manufacturer). Some older motherboards (and power supplies) do not have the ability to be completely powered off by software.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds