Windows XP repair install STOP error...HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jawa Slayer, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Hey guys,
    I put a harddrive with windows installed from one computer into another and Windows wouldn't boot (it restarted at the windows xp loading screen) so I ran the repair install option from the windows XP CD (not the recovery console repair but the one after pressing Enter and selecting the existing installation). The first part of the setup was fine, copying the files, then it restarted and now a there's a blue screen STOP error STOP: 0x0000075 (0x...these seem to be different each time). I think it might be a lack of space on drive C. If so how can I delete files to free up space before continuing the setup without doing it through windows? If its not lack of space causing the error, what is?
    Cheers!

2. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

Usually moving a hard drive that has an existing installation of windows on (any version) would mean reinstalling windows entirely. This is because of the drivers, firmware and bios versions being different on different motherboards.

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I don't often suggest this, but in your case I think the best option is to format and delete all partitions, then create a Primary Partition and install Windows.

That originally should have been done when you moved the drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds