Windows XP (SP2) - Installation Mistake?

Discussion in 'Software' started by HarleyK, Aug 7, 2005.

1. HarleyK

HarleyK Private E-2

Hello people.

Not sure if this is an installation mistake or just a setting that yet has to be changed or updated by myself, but I've installed XP a few times (shows how great it is) and I've never had the issue I'm experiencing now.

What issue?

Well, no big problem (I hope) to me and as I'm sure to you. Or most of you anyway. My keyboard appears to have taken on a mind of its own and the keys I press don't always come out the way they should. For example ;

The " @ " key comes out as " " "
    The " £ " key comes out as " # "

>> Had to copy and paste the pound sign :rolleyes:

And so forth...

If I was to take a guess I'd say that I've gone and installed the XP under the US settings. I'm hoping (as I said above) that it's no big problem and that they can be reverted back to UK settings (somehow, this is where you come in) in order to suit my keyboards type and so on...

If you require information about my comp, my mental state or even the situation, just let me know.

Any help on the matter would be, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. HarleyK

HarleyK Private E-2

Thanks for your quick reply.

I had changed those once I realised the 'mistake' I had made. They're all set on UK standard but yet my keyboard is still acting up. It had asked me to re-start the computer which I did do, but nothing came of it.

3. HarleyK

HarleyK Private E-2

That has sorted the problem, indeed.

Thanks very much for your help. :)

4. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

*highfive* demented

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds