Windows XP Unknow Publisher

Discussion in 'Software' started by 1lolo94, Apr 6, 2010.

1. 1lolo94

1lolo94 Private E-2

Hey everyone: Got a a problem and im about to pull my hair out. I just formatted my HP PC.....

I got all my updates and now everytime i try to download anything...ex - firefox, google chrome.

I always get this error - Internet Explorer - Security Warning....Unknown Publisher....and then it will not even try to install.

I have no clue what is wrong. Please help.

Thanks

2. 1lolo94

1lolo94 Private E-2

ok cool...

3. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

After all the updates I assume you are using IE8?
    Finicky browser, esp. if when you install you accept the add-ons and accelerators and other junk.

If you run IE8 with no add-ons, can be found in system tools, does it allow to install. Otherwise go to IE tools, manage add-ons, and turn off everything, including the accelerators. Not sure which of these cause problems, I haven't trouble shot it that far but I have seen IE8 installs which prevented people for example going to their website for finance management. Hope this helps.:wave:wave

4. 1lolo94

1lolo94 Private E-2

thx for the reply...

Yes i have gotten all the updates and i tried to run with no add on's. I even tried to uninstall IE8 and try it...same thing....

I've done allot of pcs but ive never seen this. I shouldnt have to wipe it again should i?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds