Windows XP USB remote control

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by G_Loc, Feb 11, 2008.

1. G_Loc

G_Loc Private E-2

Hello,

I have acquired a remote and USB receiver from a Gateway computer. They're both brand new. I plugged it into my computer (Win XP Pro) and it recognized the receiver and it works fine with WMP and PowerDVD. The thing is, I don't want another remote control on my desk. The receiver seems to recognize my Sony remote as the light on it blinks when I point the remote at it and push a button.

Are there any freeware utilities that will recognize the commands from my Sony remote and seamlessly integrate it with WMP and PowerDVD?

Back in the day I made my own IR receiver and used WinLIRC to get Winamp to work with the same remote, but that piece of software is old and I don't think it supports USB IR receivers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds