Windows XP will not boot, CD doesnt help either.

Discussion in 'Software' started by RogueGenesis, Oct 23, 2009.

1. RogueGenesis

RogueGenesis Private E-2

ok, First time poster, long time reader here boys. The other day, I noticed there was a update for my mouse driver. super. great. so I update it. crap, now my mouse isn't working, I probably have to restart my computer to load up everything again.

So I restart and.. I get the POST, I get to the windows XP screen loading.. and it sits there, doesn't move. great.

tried booting last known good configuration. Nothing, still hangs. Safe mode doesn't work either.

So I pull out my XP install CD, hoping to wipe everything, and just start new, anything to get past the XP loading screen, boots from CD, goes to the partitions, It can see my HD in BIOS and everything, I select the HD to load the operating system on and it says an error occurred, and set up cannot continue.

and I have been stuck there since, I cannot reinstall XP, nor can I get past the Loading screen. I wonder if My Hard Drive went. any suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Go into the BIOS again. Have a look around to see if the mouse and keyboard are enabled.
    Is the mouse PS/2 or USB? How about the keyboard?

3. RogueGenesis

RogueGenesis Private E-2

both the mouse and keyboard are USB, (sorry it took so long to get back) but after a long time trying to get this thing to work, I replaced the hard drive with another, which turned out fine, the company is sending another hard drive to replace the one that supposedly died on me.

but yes, they were both enabled in BIOS as well,

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I'm glad that you found the cause of the problem and it is now solved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds