Windows XP's Blue Screen Of Death

Discussion in 'Software' started by Always In Problem, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Always In Problem

Always In Problem Private E-2

Hey guys, I got a problem.
    My Windows shows XP's Blue screen of death whenever i try to run halo 1.

This problem was there with me 1 month ago. That time whenever i tried to run Freedom Fighter, the game would run for a few minutes and then showed the blue screen of death.So, What i did was, I always minimized the game after playing it for 2-3 minutes, refresh it and then maximize it. It was successfull.

But i thaught that there is some problem that the computer is showing the blue screen, so i formmated it.

Everything was well , I installed NFS Underground 2 , there was no problem with it. then i installed halo 1 and played it, completed 2-3 levels,no problem, but now it is showing the blue screen. NFS 2 is working fine. Everything is fine except when i run halo 1.

Dunno what to do.

My opinion is that there is no problem with the game. but you judge it yourself.

here are my PC specifications :
    3 Ghz.
    1 gb ram
    Pentium D.

additional info can be provided.

thanx

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which Service Pack are you with in XP?

What is the BSOD message in full as many times it links to the cause?

If you formatted the PC and re-installed XP are you fully upto date with Windows and are all your drivers upto date and working correctly? In Device Manger look for any yellow ! marks, if you have any please post what they are next too.

3. Always In Problem

Always In Problem Private E-2

I am running SP 2
    for telling you the message i would have to run halo so that the blue screen is visible but is that advisable.
    there are no yellow maks in the device manager.
    my XP is uptodate , no problem is there in it.
    if you will read my problem than i said that it was there before formatting also.
    help

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Will need the BSOD message to determine this cause, as well as maybe looking in Event logs and seeing if their is an error notification at time of the crashes as it will list an Event ID as well as the faulting file.

Could try also updating your Graphic Card drivers as those are common in causing crashes in games, if these are fully upto date with latest ones, then try disabling your security software and any un-needed background tasks like if you have MSN or Yahoo messenger running, most of these will be in the System Tray and should be able to right click and exit or close them. Resoning is that its likely another application of process causing this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds