Windows7 64bit - need ATI driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jan 7, 2010.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Win7 X64 Home Premium - ATI FireGL V7200 video card - the ATI web site does not list a 64bit Win7 driver for the FireGL V7200. So I figured I'd try the Vista x64 driver, it 'says' it installed but 'with warnings'. After a reboot, it's apparent that it did not install. Win7 has a full driver 'built-in', but I prefer the factory ATI drivers for full functionality. Is there a way to 'mod' the INF files in the Win7 x64 driver to accomodate the V7200? I looked through the code of the INF for the Vista x64 driver and compared it to the Win7 x64 INF, and they are VERY similar, except the Vista INF has many other cards listed. Could I simply copy the Vista INF into the Win7 driver folder, rename it as needed, and have it work? Or is there a full driver out there somewhere that supports the FireGL V7200 in 64bit Windows 7?

Thanks!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Here's the install report from the Vista X64 driver:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds