Winlogon.exe always taking up loads of CPU usage

Discussion in 'Software' started by Reiben, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Reiben

Reiben Private E-2

Hi,

I have a problem with my pc. Winlogon.exe is always taking up loads of CPU usage, usually anywhere from 25 - 50% of the system cpu. It is doing my head in and the pc is running well slow because of it.

I did a yahoo search for winlogon.exe to see if there was any known problems and see there is a virus associated with it. There is.

I have run the trendmicro online scan and it found 21 virus's but it wouldnt let me clean/delete any files because they were in use. I'm not even sure if that is these are the virus's that is causing the problem.

Anyone encountered this before? Any ideas? I've run adaware, spybot and the microsoft spyware programs too, and also run a scandisk.

2. Terrydhama

Terrydhama Private E-2

Have you tried this in 'Safe Mode'?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds