Winlogon Scripting Question.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Swami Godd, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Swami Godd

Swami Godd Private E-2

Hello All. I've recently had to create a script to Insert a message before logging into Windows XP. I used regedit and this is the script.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    "LegalNoticeCaption"="NOTICE TO ALL COMPUTER USERS"
    "LegalNoticeText"="The District's computer technology, network and Internet system is to be used for educational and professional purposes. Users are reminded that all computer, network and Internet use may be monitored by the District and that there is no assurance of privacy or warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, that all services provided through this system will be error-free or without defect. All users of the system agree to abide by all District Policies, Guidelines and Rules as presented in the handbook."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quick and Simple, right? Well, I am running into an issue where if a computer is turned on and left sitting there, or a person logs off and nobody comes around to agree to the notice the screen just sits there and never goes to the screen saver. I really would like the screensaver to come on even if the notice is on screen. Any suggestions or help? Much appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds