WinRAR corrupt MP3 file -CRC failed

Discussion in 'Software' started by unamochilla2, Nov 6, 2013.

1. unamochilla2

unamochilla2 Private E-2

Hi,

I am trying to extract a MP3 file using WINRAR. However, I get the following error:

! "....CRC failed in 06 - Track 6.mp3. The file is corrupt"

I've tried repairing the RAR, but I get the same error message as shown above. I've tried to "Keep the Broken" as well, but didn't work. I've also tried some WinRar/WinZip repair software to no avail. Still get the same error message when I try to open the MP3.

When I look at the information about the MP3, it shows the duration of the MP3 and the size of it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this issue? I can send the the the file to someone if they want to take a crack at it. It's about 7MB in size.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Very likely the RAR file is corrupt and if its not from a source you trust then more so that its corrupt and maybe malware infested.

If its a source you trust ask then to ZIP the file rather than RAR and try again. Odd occasion you may need to disable your anti-virus application and then un RAR the file, but in most cases with CRC errors the file is corrupt.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds