Winxp 64bit Will not load

Discussion in 'Software' started by Veron05, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Veron05

Veron05 Private E-2

The problem Started when i was trying to fix my on board audio (in order to fix my mic). I change some settings in my control panel (nothing out of the ordinary). After i did that i restarted my Computer, Then to my disappointment windows will not load. I will go to the regular loading screen and go through but it will freeze up right before the Welcome screen (or just restarts). Thats the problem
    What i have Done:
    *I first tryed last know good config
    *then I tryed setting all my Bios to Defult
    *After that i tryed running in safe mode, at the loading it stops at pres esc to stop loading SPTD.sys, I let that go then it will Freeze at
    Windows\System32\acpitabl.dat
    *Then i tryed Using the Windows Disk, When that loads up it will Also get Stuck at Starting Windows, I have tryed the disk on another comp and it works,
    I have messed with the BIOS and tryed disabling the on board aduio and even baught a new sound card, but to no avail. i have speent a great deal of time trying to research the topic instead of posting but i dont know what to do next.
    so this is the part where i beg the internet gods and ask for help.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

sptd.sys is part of Deamon Tools as far as I can remember, you make your own CD? People are having problems with that SCSI driver.

3. Veron05

Veron05 Private E-2

Yes it from a backup on another computer,

4. Veron05

Veron05 Private E-2

If it helps my current Mobo is the Nvida 570 m2n sli Deluxe
    cpu amd 64 xs 5200+
    2g of ddr2 800
    gfx gforce 7950gto (BFG)
    and 2 250g samsung spinpoints hdd

5. Veron05

Veron05 Private E-2

any ideas

6. Veron05

Veron05 Private E-2

well Turns out the Mobo whent bad got a new one and everything works fine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds