WinXP drivers for Toshiba Satellite a135

Discussion in 'Software' started by technojock, Aug 25, 2012.

1. technojock

technojock Private E-2

I was given an old Toshiba Satellite a135 laptop with a trashed drive. Rather than try to fix vista, I installed XP Pro but I can't drivers for it. I was able to get the LAN to work but not the wireless and it's on the basic video driver.

I went back through Toshiba drivers and as far as I can tell the next oldest Satellite that used XP was the A110. The A110 drivers wouldn't install and downloading drivers from Intel and ATI didn't work either.

I don't think this laptop is worth the cost of Win7. The only Win7 I have on hand is a 64 bit version (that I bought for another computer) and this laptop only works with 32 bit Win7.

Any suggestions?

Tony

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Do you have Internet access with that computer? If so, try DriverMax to find the appropriate drivers for that machine.

With the free version you can download up to two drivers per day.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I found this on a review for that laptop
    Which should get you started on a search for drivers.

4. technojock

technojock Private E-2

Thanx, this did the job. I was unsure about registering for the Pro version so I installed the 2 free drivers and those worked so I took a chance on a 30 day license.

It seems like all is up and working now under XP Pro but I have 2 unidentified items in device manager. DriverMax says there are no missing drivers and since I can't seem to find anything that doesn't work, I suppose I'll have to ignore them.

Thanx again...

Tony

5. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I do not currently have DriverMax installed, so I cannot guide you.

I would not be able to live with unknown devices in the Device Manager :-o

If you can, then that is fine. If it bothers you, DriverMax has the ability to identify unknown devices; I just don't remember exactly how to do that.

6. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , you can follow this :wave

Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds