Winxp: Keeping Folder View Settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by HarryPotter, Sep 19, 2016.

1. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

Hi! I have access to a WinXP computer and am having a slight annoyance with it: when, in Explorer, I change a folder's view setting and surf away from the folder, I lose the setting. Why is this, and how do I correct it?

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Open the "C:\" drive in Windows Explorer and set your folder options from there applying the settings to all folders.

3. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

Thank you, but I need the settings for certain folders, especially on a flash drive. :(

4. mdonah

Unfortunately, I don't think you can set Folder Options for individual folders in ANY version of Windows (at least I never have). It's more of a general option.

5. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

I mean when you right-click an empty section of an open folder and point to View the options that appear, i.e. List, Details, Thumbnails, etc.

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Those settings will not keep in Windows XP.

7. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

No wonder. Thank you!

8. mdonah

9. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

Thank you! I'll try the Folder Options control panel for a proper setting. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds