WinXp Lan Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by corchr, Jun 25, 2004.

1. corchr

corchr Private E-2

Hi,
    I'm having a problem with my local ethernet network. I have one computer with WinXP Pro and two with Win 2k Pro. All computers show up in the network neighborhood, but when trying to acces the WinXP system from either of the other two, I get the ' Enter Network Password' window. None of my passswords work, and changing passwords on any of the three systems doesn't work either. I am on a Workgroup system rather than a Server. I can access bothe the other two from the WinXP system.

The WinXP system was recently upgraded from Win2K Pro , and this problem did not exist in the old system. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

disable simple file sharing on the winxp box. (SFS cannot be disabled on XpHome)

3. corchr

corchr Private E-2

It's already disabled. Thanks for the reply.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds