WinXP on a Silicon Graphics 320 ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cmdr Chill, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Cmdr Chill

Cmdr Chill Private First Class

Hello new friends,
    I just purchased a Silicon Graphics 320 from an estate sale and when I tried to boot up I found Win NT and a password. I'm no hacker, (Not that I wouldn't like to be) so I figured I'd remove the SCSI adapter and install an IDE hard drive which I could then install XP on. Since I own a copy of Win 98 and an upgrade copy of XP sp2 I inserted a 98 boot floppy to begin my install, those of you familiar with SGI 320's Know where I'm going with this. Evidently there is more to installing an OS on one of these machines than my level of expertise/experience can handle. I would be very gratefull for any suggestions/instructions on how to proceed. This 320 has 1gig of ram and two p2 or p3 processors I'm not sure which but I'm sure it would make a nice addition to my collection and I really like the case. I can't begin to tell everyone how much I enjoy this site but that doesn't stop me from trying! Thank You Folks
    Cmdr Chill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds