WinXP Pro-Date and time running slow

Discussion in 'Software' started by hopperdave2000, Aug 24, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Very strange.... the BIOS keeps the time and date perfectly, but everytime I boot up this laptop, the time is off by at least 10 minutes, and sometimes as much as 24 years!!! (Yes, YEARS! It said it was December 1983 earlier today) So, I was hoping to add the time synchronizer to the startup menu. Is the file name "w32tm.exe" the time and date sync tool???? I think it is. I did some quick looking around at the MS knowledge base and came across that file. Or if anyone has some advice or another fix, I'd be glad to hear it..... Thanx!

hd2k

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Re: I was hoping to add the time synchronizer to the startup menu. hopperdave2000 <<

I use one that MG Forum Member BigBazza recommended a while back called Neutron 1.03 clock synchronizer. It works like a charm at every startup.

Users can select whether you want the program to automatically obtain and synchronize to the network time when you start the program by clicking in the "Auto sync at program startup" checkbox.

Options in the program enable you to automatically obtain the time from the time server and set your clock appropriately at program startup. It is also possible to have the program automatically exit after the time has been set and so is ideal for placing a shortcut in your Startup folder to sync your clock when your computer is started.

Good Luck!

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Thanx for the info.... but what if there's no web access??? Well, I guess the time would have to be set manually then..... ah, well.... thanx again. I'll check out Neutron and see what that's all about.

hd2k

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds