WinXP Pro - Error "The Event Log File Is Corrupt"

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Apr 1, 2010.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

WinXP Pro SP3 - the thread title sums it up, but I've attached some screen shots below to illustrate what I'm talking about. It is only the "System" log that appears to corrupt, and after a reboot, the little red "X" illustrated in the 2nd shot below is gone, but it comes back. I'd like to 'rebuild' the log if possible, but the research I've done tells me that it is more-or-less done for. I have some other issues on this laptop (like random powering off) and I'd like to check the "System" log to see if something there offers a clue. Any insight, advice, or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Thanks, but I've already looked through just about everything over at the Microsoft Knowledge Base, and I'm trying to avoid deleting the file.... I kind of need to look through it for numerous reasons that I won't go in to here and now (too long and boring, and I'm short on time right now LOL ).... thanks again though! ;)

4. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Check Star 17's post #2 in this old thread. One or both of his suggestions might help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds