winXP-sp2 Boot Disc

Discussion in 'Software' started by dandla, Sep 22, 2005.

1. dandla

dandla Private E-2

I've been reading several magazines that try to give instructions for downloading and slipstreaming SP2. The instructions do not seem to work for me.
    I have two computers on a wireless network, they are a Dell dimension 4600 and a Dell Inspiron 4000. The desktop has original OEM XP Home with a downloaded install of SP2. The laptop has XP-SP2 from an upgrade that I purchased. I have a boot disc for the OEM XP but not for the upgrade XP-SP2.
    Can I use the sp2 info on the upgrade CD's to create a boot disc or is it easier to download SP2 and try the slipstream method again.
    I also want to add program files to the CD also and am not sure if I can just drag and drop.
    Any guidance would be much appreciated.

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

4. dandla

dandla Private E-2

many mahalos (hawaiian for thank you) 2 u both (ASUS & kadavill) for the help. should be a whole lot easier now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds