WinXP Sp2 Picture as thumbnail

Discussion in 'Software' started by Flushed, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Flushed

Flushed Private E-2

Just a quickie guys and gals,

I'm cataloging all my video files on my pc. Nothing that fancy just folders in thumbnail view. In each folder there will be the video file and a picture that i want to use as the thumbnail. Now i can go through right click > properties > customize > choose picture and it will work fine. But ive done this before some time ago and i'm pretty sure that you can rename the image file so it does that automatically saving some clicking time (But ive forgotton how.)

Can anyone help.

On the subject as well. Anyone know of any good catalogue software that will show my videos on the hard disk with a nice thumbnail picture so i can browse through.

2. Flushed

Flushed Private E-2

Cracked it, you allways remember the answer when you start doing other things....

For anyone thats interested. you just name the image 'folder' and then will then be used as the thumbnail picture.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds