Winzip Q

Discussion in 'Software' started by salena25, Mar 6, 2007.

1. salena25

salena25 Private E-2

Hiya,
    Can someome help me pls.

My cousin shared a large file with me using Zapr, and it downloaded fine ....but when I went to open it I get this error:

Winzip cannot open this file, it does not appear to be a valid archive file. If you downloaded this file , please try again.

also when highlighted :
    No zip file , bad file or part of a spanned/split zip file

I don't know what spanned/spilt file is.

I tried to update the file and that didnt work.

Any suggestion? I so dont want to download it again lol
    TIA!!!!

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Spanned/split could mean the file is in seperate 'zipped' sections and you might need the other section(s) to unzip it properly. I know that WinRAR does something similar to this: you'll have 'filename.part01.rar' or else 'filename.part01' and when you go to extract part.01, WinRAR automatically grabs all the parts and unzipps them into one file.... maybe try a different 'zip' program. TUGZip and 7-Zip and WinRAR are great (personally, I use TUGZip and IT ROCKS!!!). All are available for download right here from 'the Geeks'.

hopperdave2000

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Zapr doesn't change the file in any way. Just ask your cousin what program opens it. Or post a file extension here and someone should be able to find a program you can use. :)

4. salena25

salena25 Private E-2

Thank you so much , I tried several free zip repairs with no luck but TUGzip worked!!!!!!!!

All the files are there, many install type files, any idea what I should do next?

5. salena25

salena25 Private E-2

thank you :)

It's photshop, an old version ,,,he's using another version. I assume it's ok to share the un-used version. Didnt want anyone to think it was from a sharing program like limewire from a stranger :)

Now I have the files and many of them .....any ideas how to install the program?

thanks , everyone is so helpful here and quick to assist. Thank you so much

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds