1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinZip Registry Optimizer Virus

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by SunNovaGun, Sep 9, 2012.

1. SunNovaGun

SunNovaGun Private E-2

Hi guys. My girlfriend's computer seems to be infected with the WinZip Registry Optimizer virus and the WinZip Driver Updater one as well.

The computer is an HP Pavillion g6 Notebook running Windows 7 Home Premium, version 6.1.7601. The system type is 64 bit.

This computer had the Security Shield virus on it a couple of weeks ago which I believe I removed using MalwareBytes.

I ran MalwareBytes right off the bat to get rid of the current problem but it doesn't seem to have worked.

I have been reading and following the steps in the READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide and have gotten to the point where I am running the tools.

I'll be (hopefully) attaching the logs to this post as I progress through them.

Thanks in advance for your time, I'm glad to see there's a service like this out here and am looking forward to using some of the other tips and tricks I've been seeing on your forum!

Attached Files:

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Attach the logs all at once when you have them. :)
  3. SunNovaGun

SunNovaGun Private E-2

Here are the logs.

Attached Files:

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Please also download MBRCheck to your desktop
    • Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)
    • It will show a Black screen with some information that will contain either the below line if no problem is found:
      • Done! Press ENTER to exit...
    • Or you will see more information like below if a problem is found:
      • Found non-standard or infected MBR.
      • Enter 'Y' and hit ENTER for more options, or 'N' to exit:
    • Either way, just choose to exit the program at this point since we want to see only the scan results to begin with.
    • MBRCheck will create a log named similar to MBRCheck_07.16.10_00.32.33.txt which is random based on date and time.
    • Attach this log to your next message. (See: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post )