Wired and Wireless

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arkane, May 20, 2007.

1. Arkane

Arkane Private E-2

Hey Guys, small bit of help needed regarding networks. Basically at home I use a wired/wireless network for various purposes. Generally I have my laptop connected to the wireless, as does my girlfriend, and 2 desktops and an XBox connected via LAN. However, I often find that I have to plug in my Laptop to the LAN to transfer files for speed(my wireless card is only 802.11b). Unfortunately my router (a BT Home Hub) seems to suffer quite badly when there are more than 5 IP addresses being assigned, and just wont let me swap connections without restarting it. I was wondering if there is any way to set up my laptop so that it can connect to the network via both the WLAN and LAN without having to change IP addresses.

I've looked into the network bridging in windows, but dont really understand if this is what I need, and couldn't connect to the WLAN when I tried it. Is there any way to do any of this, or am I juist dreaming?confused

Thanks
    Arkane

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds