Wireless Adapter Is Blind

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by inventor1949, May 27, 2017.

1. inventor1949

inventor1949 Private First Class

This wireless card problem is mind twister
    The card is DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card
    The laptop has new OS windows 7 and the card did not work from the get go so I purchase a new and still dint work.
    the card shows is on and running but it don't detect wireless network connections and I know they are.
    So I did the customary testing
    , uninstall reinstall drivers, unplug and re plug the card, did all the ipconfig/and still don't work
    One thing I don't understand is when I turn the wireless card switch off the Bluetooth goes off and not the card
    Thank you...Mike G

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. inventor1949

Sorry my bad and Thanks Max
    Dell Precision M6500 Windows 7 Pro
    intel core i5 CPU M 540 @2.53 GHz (CPU:O)
    8 GB RAM - 64-bit OS
    When i install the driver "R258276.exe" I get (no compatible hardware found The software you are attempting to install is not suported on this system.)
    Is their a test to see if the card is good?

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You need to go into Device Manager > Network Adapters > open that then right click that wireless card > properties and see whether it shows as working properly. Also do the same - but with an internet connection on > and choose Update Driver > choose 'search everywhere' and wait.

5. inventor1949

I did that and the driver is up to date
    I also replaced with new card and still the same
    I used the Dell system detect and nothing for the card showed up for updates
    Turning off the wireless card turns of the Bluetooth and not the wireless card
    The next step is to install a known good working card?

6. inventor1949

Now the system don't even see the new card

7. inventor1949

SOLVED
    OK I have to admit this turn out to be bazaar outcome I installed a known good card and it dint show up on the system so I reinstalled the previously installed card and wala I am up and running
    I do wont to thank you for the help ...Mike G

MaxTurner likes this.
  8. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Some times when it comes to updated drivers.It's best not to upgrade some drivers be cause it causes conflict.

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Great to hear it's solved. I had assumed you were just using the original WiFi hardware.

10. inventor1949

I was I did all the tests with you and all the Dell diagnoses and that's when I desidit to try all the cards I had and now one of them worked????

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds