Wireless AP Bridge not working as fast as when the computer is hooked up with a cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Help-is-needed-quickly, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Hello,
    Recently I upgraded my broadband speed to a 15 Mbit connection (download wise), which is working correctly when the LAN cable is connected directly to the computer. From the DSL modem I have a WatchGuard Firebox connected and from that I can connect to the computer and get the proper speed of approx. 13000 kbps of download stream. No problem here.

However when I try to go wireless, with my TRENDnet TEW-410APB, 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless AP Bridge, I can only get a maximum download speed of around 5000 kbps. Obviousuly I want something simliar like the 13000.

I have no idea what to do, to solve this. Can not contact my internet provider, since the hardware Im using is not theirs, and therefore their policy prohibits them from guidance.

I can enter the interface of both my WatchGaurd Router and the Bridge, but from there on Im lost. I have a Dynamic IP-adress and thats it.

Is there anyone out there, who can spare a little effort to help me. That would be truly appreciated...

Thanks much.

Regards.

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Re: Wireless AP Bridge not working as fast as when the computer is hooked up with a c

So did your wireless connection do any better before the DSL upgrade?

3. Re: Wireless AP Bridge not working as fast as when the computer is hooked up with a c

No it didnt do any better than the 5000, which also was the connection speed I has a subscription for. Now I have purchased the upgrade to 15000, which as I metioned works fine with the cable, but not with the AP bridge.

Any suggestions?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds