Wireless Capability On?

Discussion in 'Software' started by BlueEew, Oct 23, 2015.

1. BlueEew

BlueEew Private E-2

Fixed a DC Jack on an old Laptop that I haven't used for several months however I am having a problem with the Wireless. Troubleshoot is telling me that the Wireless Capability isn't turned off.

So I try and turn it on with FN+F9 and it doesn't work, I try to turn it on in the mobility center and the button is grayed out. Unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" also didn't work.

It's a Samsung RV510 Laptop running Windows 7.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

have a look in the BIOS for anything wireless and also check Device Manager for Network Adapter and a reference to wifi and is it enabled? do you have any yellow ! marks in device manager also?

Possibly re-install the Atheros Wifi driver HERE from Samsung for your model

What security software do you have installed? please name all?
    As multiple security softwares can affect internet LAN or Wifi access.

3. BlueEew

BlueEew Private E-2

There is no Wireless options in BIOS and nothing seems to be wrong in the Device Manager. I have tried uninstalling drivers and I have also download the driver data and installed however it didn't work.

The only security I have installed are Malwarebytes and Spybot Search & Destroy.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

When you hover over the wireless icon in the system tray whats the name of the app managing wifi?

Just wondering if the Samsung wireless management app could be conflicting with the Windows one, TBH the Samsung one if used should disable the Windows one, personally |I uninstall any manufacturers wifi management apps and use the Windows one as its much better.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds