WIRELESS CARD does not want to work properly.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djmasacre, Apr 10, 2008.

1. djmasacre

djmasacre Private E-2

Hi friends,

My new roomate from Slovakia has a MSI Laptop with a Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Card in.

I tried configuring our wireless network information through windows, and it just came up " network unavailable " ... even when the laptop was close to the router.

I know the network is up, I am connected on my PC and I checked the router again and everything should be fine.

Its connected to a Shared encrypted network, and i set it up the EXACT way as mine like it should.

I then tried using the Atheros Utility, but everytime I put RADIO ON, nothing happened. All the buttons were greyed out to add a network or go into any options at all.

So im puzzled why it wont see or connect to anything as it should.

He is running XP 32-bit and Vista.. I havent tried it on vista yet.

Can someone please help ASAP, Id like to help him

The driver version is 5.3.0.45

Thank YOU !

2. obener

obener Private E-2

do you mean that you try to switch wireless on it and it doesnt let you?

3. djmasacre

djmasacre Private E-2

Yeah, from windows anyway ... I didnt understand the problem.

But my friend told me laptops have a button to disable and enable radio physically... I did not know that, i never use laptops.

I guess my roomate turned it off when he was on the airplane and forgot.

Simple Fix ... now i know.

THanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds