Wireless Driver(s)

Discussion in 'Software' started by gypsyfw, Oct 26, 2009.

1. gypsyfw

gypsyfw Private E-2

I just bought a used IBM thinkpad. I plugged in my wireless card. It wants to install the hardware, I browse to where the drivers are and it won't 'see' them yet I can see them in the folder when I manually click my way there. They are for an IEEE 1394 bus host controller. The wireless card is an aftermarket card and I can't see a mgf name on it but here is all the information that it does say:

802.11g wirelss lan pc card
    IEEE 802.11g Compliant
    DSSS at 2.4 GHz ISM band

NSP-WPG-A
    And the the fcc information.

When I try to use the install the driver myself option from the hardware device section, it wants a setup.inf file and well, I don't have that.

I am more than a little lost and po'd that this thing isn't wireless ready. Can someone help please? Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds