Wireless/Ethernet webcams

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hvysteel, May 20, 2007.

1. Hvysteel

Hvysteel Private E-2

Hey,

I have been thinking about setting up a wireless webcam to show live streaming video of my hummingbird feeder or aquarium. The way I would like to set this up and to have it connected (preferrably wirelessly) to my router, and then be able access it through the internet either through FTP or perhaps some other way.

I read that FTP may not be able to support live streaming video because of the bandwidth involved. If that's true, I guess I could set up a desktop unit to act as a server, but would like to avoid that.

Has anyone out there tried this before? What camera did you use and what problems did you have?

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router connected to a cable internet connected at 100 Mbps.

Any thoughts?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds