wireless keeps disconnecting - please please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazy_mamma, Apr 24, 2007.

1. crazy_mamma

crazy_mamma Private E-2

Hi, I have a small setup at home, I have a PC, that has a Belkin PCI wireless card - this connects to a Belkin wireless router.

I also have a Laptop that has a wireless connection, and a PS3 that connects to the net via wireless.

Up until last week everything was working okay and then I changed ISPs... We have a lovely connection to the router, and the PS3 and laptop all work just fine but the PC keeps losing a connection every 5 mins or so - I have tried to google for a solution but to no avail - I just can't work out what is wrong???

I have fiddled with settings while trying to set up my ISP as I got a bit muddled but I thought I'd put everything back to how it was - I haven't touched the hardware.

Can anyone point me in the right direction that i can try and sort this out as its really doing my head in!!

many thanks!

crazy ma

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

you could try changing the wireless channel. maybe its getting interference.

wireless is shady to me and so are these belkin things that everyone seems to use that make these problem with wireless posts.

my only idea is changing the channel on your wireless. if the problem isnt on your side, it might be with your isp or internet connection.

you using DSL? Belkin router/dsl gateway?

3. crazy_mamma

crazy_mamma Private E-2

Hmmm - I have no idea how to change the channel on my wireless?? :eek: Its odd cos it wasn't a problem before with my old ISP confused But I really don't think its the ISP that is the problem or the internet as the PS3 and the laptop still connect without disconnection and a strong signal - the strange thing is that the Router is about 5cm away from the PC!

I'm having a problem using the LAN settings too, I can use the CAT5 cable to get a wired connection to the laptop but the PC isn't registering its connected rolleyes

Agh - this is crazy - it was all fine last week!! confused

Thanks for your advice KingSteve - yes I think its a DSL connection via a Belkin router

Crazy Ma

4. crazy_mamma

crazy_mamma Private E-2

Hey, this is odd - I don't seem to have a local area connection icon that could be the wired connection????

The three I have are:

1394 Connection (firewire - connected)
    Wireless (wireless - connected)
    Local Area Connection (Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter - network cable unplugged)

5. tried a reset with the router??
    welcome to geeks .smiles!!!;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds