wireless keyboard not working ps2

Discussion in 'Software' started by sueinblack, Mar 9, 2008.

1. sueinblack

sueinblack Private E-2

hi,
    could someone help l've been having trouble with my wireless keyboard my computer says my device is workingproperly but l have to use my on screen keyboard! l'm on vista home edition but it's drivin me crazy..

please help, l've uninstalled software and reinstalled but it's still playing up.

sue

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Dont know if your still having this issue, but if you are what is the make of your keyboard?

Does it have latest driver installed?

Also I have heard that at times the Ease of Access function which is the on-screen keyboard will enable and disable a wireless keyboard so to double check this and disable the on-screen one, follow the below.

Press the WinKey + U keys together to open the Ease of Access Center > click on use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard 3rd one down under Explore all Settings. Then on next page uncheck the box which says Use On-Screen Keyboard click save and hopefully your wireless keyboard is back working.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds