wireless n/g mixed mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dewback, Jun 15, 2010.

1. dewback

dewback Corporal

Hello all,

I have two new laptops that are capable of wireless n. However I have a ps3 and Wii that only do wireless g. It is my understanding that running mixed mode causes performance issues such as lower speed because the router will revert to the lowest capable device on the network which in this case would be one the game consoles. It that true all the time when the router is set to mixed mode, or only when you are running a n and g device at the same time. For example if I am using my n capable laptop and my n router is set to n/g mixed mode and the game consoles are turned off, will I get full benefit of n mode?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds