Wireless Network Connection Suddenly Gone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rking999, Apr 12, 2005.

1. rking999

rking999 Private E-2

I have the following setup:

DLink DSL 504+ router/modem
    Belkin 802.11g wireless netowk card

I can access the admin console of the router and the connected message appears to confirm that I can connect to my ISP.

However, when i try and connect to google it cannot find the page and when I ping from the desktop to the google ip address it cannot find a path. When I ping the google ip address from the router though, it is fine.

All firewalls are off. The desktop can ping the router and see the admin console so it seems that the wireless network card is working ok.

Does anyone have any idea whats going wrong?? Please help!

Richard

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

are you using DHCP from the router and is it assigning a gateway?

3. iplen

iplen Private E-2

That sounds incredibly similar to my question.. I have no idea whats going on.. but does if you jsut connect the LAN cable from your ISP to your computer does that work? :confused: Just a thought~

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

I would use more direct functional methods to find out what’s works.

1. If you have a Wired computer on the Router and it can use the Internet normally then it is a problem with Wireless Computer.

2. If the Wireless can transfer and exchange information with the desktop then the Wireless aspects of the connection works OK.

3. If both 1 and 2 are OK (i.e. One computer has solid Internet and the Wireless works OK on the LAN), then the problem is probably related to the Internet software on you laptop and has nothing to do with the Wireless per-se.

Might be Internet Infestation related.

Link to: Internet infestation - Or, how you are getting Internet "Junk" in and compromise your Computer/Network?

Link to: Basic Steps in cleaning Internet "Junk".

Link to: Assemble a Freeware Security suit for Internet Connection Protection.]

Otherwise you probably think that your wireless works but it does not or it is not a stable connection.

Link to: Wireless - Basic Configuration.

Link to: Wireless Security.

:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds