Wireless problem, eventvwr warnings questions

Discussion in 'Software' started by berkeleydb, Apr 21, 2008.

1. berkeleydb

berkeleydb Private E-2

On Windows XP Pro, I have lost the ability to use my wireless connection.
    I have confirmed it's only on this PC, not the others on the home network.

Here are the warnings I see by running eventvwr.msc.
    I think items 5-7 are related to the wireless setup, but don't know
    where to start in correcting it.

For item 1, what service could the warning be referring to ?
    Looking in Services, I see three owner names: Local System, Local Service and NetworkService.
    Should I change all the owners listed as Local Service to Local System ?

Also, another thing to note, I spent the weekend repairing several broken services by
    running sfc /scannow twice(after purging /dllcache), then installing BITS 2.5 from Microsoft.
    Now I'm left with the wireless problem.

Any clues would be welcome.

==============================================================

1. SOURCE: Userenv
    USER: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Windows saved user mycomputername\Mike registry while an application or service was still using the registry
    during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be
    unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in
    either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2. Source: EvtEng
    User: N/A

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( EvtEng ) cannot be found. The local computer may not
    have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
    You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
    details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

3. SOURCE: btwdns
    USER: N/A

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( btwdins ) cannot be found. The local computer may not
    have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
    You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.
    The following information is part of the event: Service started.

4. SOURCE: gusvc
    USER N/A

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gusvc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have
    the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
    You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for

5. SOURCE: RegSrvc
    USER: N/A

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( RegSrvc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not

6 SOURCE: EAPOL
    USER: N/A.

The description for Event ID ( 2003 ) in Source ( EAPOL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not
    details. The following information is part of the event: The event log file is corrupt..

7. SOURCE: EAPOL
    USER: U/A

The description for Event ID ( 2002 ) in Source ( EAPOL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not
    details. The following information is part of the event: The event log file is corrupt..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds