Wireless router query.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SelryamRymm, Nov 24, 2005.

1. SelryamRymm

SelryamRymm Private E-2

I've heard from a few people that I need my PC to use my wireless router. My sister already uses her laptop in the house and there's not much space, so I'm thinking of getting rid of my PC and switching to a laptop. So will my router connect into my modem and work fine or will I still need my PC to use my wireless?

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Nooo that's the idea of of wireless, so you can be anywhere!
    Providing it's the correct router for your modem (adsl modem with adsl router etc) then you should be fine :)

3. PokeyBoy

PokeyBoy Private E-2

Some wireless modem/routers require a "wired connection" to do the initial setup. After the setup, you're good to go with just wireless.

Doug

4. PokeyBoy

PokeyBoy Private E-2

I was too quick on the submit button. I think you may also need a "wired connection" to do a firmware update to the modem/router.

Doug

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds