Wireless router with ethernet port Steam

Discussion in 'Software' started by Referystylex, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Referystylex

Referystylex Private E-2

Hello good people, i'm in sort of a specific situation. Before i had a basic cable modem which ran my dota 2 connection great, later i get upgraded and got this wireless router that also has ethernet ports to connect.
    Now my connection is wired (to the router) but dota acts strangely, even though the ping is a bit smaller certain animations skip or just don't happen (which annoys me quite a lot) and every time i start dota my steam HAS to disconect for around 20 seconds and come back.
    My question is can i change anything in the router settings to make this go away somehow?
    The model of my router is : "Compal CBN CG6640"
    I've read that i need to forward some ports or god knows what, but haven't seen how to do that exactly
    Also steam sometimes randomly disconnects but the dota match just goes on like nothing happened
    Thank you

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. Referystylex

Referystylex Private E-2

could someone please delete this post, i've made a mystake with the question and it is pointless
    thank you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds