Wireless stuck on identifying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daanimal, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Daanimal

Daanimal Private E-2

Hello, I'm currently running through a network. I recently had some issues with my computer but it was fixed with combodfix. After completing combo fix my Internet decided to take a dump. I no longer have access to the Internet, I'm currently stuck on die fitting a network. I pretty much tried everything. None of the resets work, manually resetting the system doesn't work either. The funny thing is my Internet connection is fine because I can connect with my other computer. My gateway is blank which I know it should have some ip address. If you have any suggestions please help me ASAP. I also want to note that before I could share my files with other computers but now I'm just getting a notification: //office-pc is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contacting the admin of this server to find out if you have access permission. The specified network provider name is invalid.:-o:cry:cry

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

try manually entering your IP information. On the other computer go to a command prompt an use the command ipconfig /all write down the IP settings and DNS servers for the active connection.

On the computer that isn't working, go to the network settings and in the IP4 properties change the IP settings. Choose an IP far out from the computer that works, ie, if that computer has the setting 192.168.3.3 change the last digit to a much higher but not more than 254. An example could be:
    DNS
    Note: you can't change the first three numbers before the . in the IP address or you won't be in the same network. All of the other entries should match the computer that works. The only change should be the last number after the . in the first entry.

If that restores your connection, all of your other devices should be available again. While you don't have a network connection, you'll never be able to connect to the devices, the response you get is expected.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds