wireless usb adapter not working?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by themodestmnky, Aug 4, 2007.

1. themodestmnky

themodestmnky Private E-2

Hey guys! im coming on here because i've been having a lot of problems with my new netgear wireless usb g adapter for my xp desktop. I've been on the phone with tech support and they don't even know. I'm actually being able to "connect" to my router as it is saying on the task icon that it is connected however, i cannot load a web page or web site. I've tried pinging the router and when i do it says ... error code 65, packets sent 4 received 0, lost 4 (100% loss). They told me to contact my computer administrator ( i am the administrator) on how to disable my firewall... But i don't have a firewall setup nor anti-virus! They're idiots. can someone help?

*note... i did just about everything i can to setting my ip address to the router, to restarting the windows zero configuration... and i have a compaq presario amd athlon 64 3800 single core 250 gigs, 1 gig ram, xp media center...

2. janitor

janitor Private E-2

did you also reset the router? (if it has a reset button)also have you tried another cable (ethernet cable) and pinging the NIC of the PC's? i think the problem lies between your computer/'s and the router.this steps may help isolating the problem. rolleyes

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Janitor, read the post before responding, he is tsalking about a wireless adapter, there for trying another wired nic isn't his solution.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds