1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiresless router Netgear WGR614 v6 no wireless signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dntnichols, Jun 10, 2007.

1. dntnichols

dntnichols Private E-2

I acquired this router from a friend when he got a new one. he wanted one with greater range.
    I helped him hook it up and when this one was disconnected it was working fine.
    I brought is home and now it will not do much of anything. :cry
    When i log in it waits about 15 seconds and then it resets itself.
    the wireless light was coming on for a while and now it does not even light up. i had another router, a netgear mr314 that i got off of ebay and it did the same thing. wokred for a while and then would reset after about 5-10 mins.
    has anyone had similar troubles or have any blessed idea as to what i could try.
    thanks confused
  2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

That particular Netgear is just as bad as the Dlink that uses the same chipset. I have had no problems using Linksys WRT routers.