wlan autoconfig BSOD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by froufrou, Dec 13, 2011.

1. froufrou

froufrou Private E-2

hi new to this forum. just found you guys in a google search and thought id give it a go.

ok so the problem i have is with a work computer and a BSOD. i used msconfig to disable the cause which is called "wlan autoconfig". after disabling the computer boots up fine. but with no wireless. is there any way to repair or replace this so the wireless can be used again? the machine is running window7 ult 64
    thanks in advance

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

This is a tough one but I will take a shot. There is a possibility of something weird so I think your best bet is to get a new driver for your wireless card, go inot the device manager of the control panel and remove the device. Reboot and let Windows redetect the card and update the driver.

3. froufrou

froufrou Private E-2

i just tried uninstalling the network card and letting it pick up the drivers. worked like a charm. cheers Major Attitude for pointing me in the right direction.
    this just became my new fav forum.:)

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Glad we could help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds