WLAN not working in winXP

Discussion in 'Software' started by usman88, Jan 4, 2008.

1. usman88

usman88 Private E-2

I have a laptop HP Pavilion DV 6000 CTO Notebook PC. It comes with Windows Vista. I recently formatted the HD in order to install Windows XP SP2. I was successful in installing windows XP and also downloaded and installed drivers from this website (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1842155&lang=en)

The problem I faced was that installation of drivers was very cumbersome and in the process I made a couple of mistakes but eventually nearly everything has been installed but a couple of things are not working e.g. WLAN isnt working. You guys can see in the attached pic a view of device manager and 'Wireless Assistant' which shows that WLAN is disabled.
    [​IMG]

In the built-in help it said that I should go to BIOS and enable WLAN from there but I couldnt find any such option there.

Please help me. Its very urgent!!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds