WMP 10 takes all resources

Discussion in 'Software' started by tillman89, Dec 19, 2006.

1. tillman89

tillman89 Private E-2

Hi

I did a clean reinstall of windows yesterday as there had become some issues in the registry and such stuff due to a couple of tweak programs and codecs packs.

Everything works fine now except windows media player 10. It runs at 99-100% of cpu and takes about 100-200 mb of ram after just some minutes running. The 100% cpu issue appears just seconds after I start WMP10 (even if not playing any song :S). What should I do? Reformat again and do another clean install? :S

Thanks in advance
    tillman

Attached Files:

2. tillman89

tillman89 Private E-2

This is kind of awkward. Have been googling alot on this issue and finally I went to ask here. While waiting on an answer I browsed through the recent topics here on this board. I saw that someone else had problems with wmp too so I went to test his solution (which was for a completely different problem) but now wmp runs as a kenyan at the olympic games, i.e. unbeatable. ;D

So, whenever you have any problem with wmp; just turn the background file conversion off and it will run perfectly :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds