WMP 10, why do you hate me?

Discussion in 'Software' started by NovusOrdo, Jan 18, 2005.

1. NovusOrdo

NovusOrdo Private E-2

Hey all,

I know I've moved this question of mine from the hardware section to here, but I really do need to figure this one out. I found out that WMP 10 (that's media player) no longer recognizes my cd-burner. Yet, it's the only program that doesn't recognize it. My Roxio program recognizes it just fine. But the thing is, CD Creator by Roxio is an annoying program to use, while WMP 10 is incredibly quick and simple, which is why I pefer it and would like to use it again (to burn). My questions are as follows: Is it normal for WMP 10 just to, one day, start not recognizing the burner? Is there anything I can do to make it recognize it again? I went to the website for the media player, but it tells me that my "burner might not be installed correctly or it might not be compatible with XP." But that makes no sense because it's recognized quite fine by XP and that Roxio program. If anyone can offer any assistance, please, by all means, share it with me.
    Thanks again

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

First thing I would look into is, has the ICMP CD Burning Service been stopped? Some burning apps like Roxio/Nero may stop this service.

I use Nero and if I was to burn a disk straight from WMP it uses Nero rather than XPs own burning software as Nero will have stoped the service.

Which version of Roxio are you using and do you have all current updates.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds