WMP alternative and IE upgrade

Discussion in 'Software' started by amtswg34, Jun 18, 2006.

1. amtswg34

amtswg34 Private E-2

I've been to this forum and my comps secure and clean but I have a question about these two programs.

Windows Media hogs my resources and even slows me when its not running due to some liscensing and other process running all the time. I don't want these running all the time and if possible I don't want WMP at all. It seems so tied to windows OS and security. Does anyone know of a solution? Can I just Not have it at all?

Also,

I've downloaded IE several times (newer versions that will work with 2000 proffessional) and yet my version remans the same. How do I get the old one off and the new one on? Silly I know but I'm stuck.

Thanks guys!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds