wmp freeze but song still plays...

Discussion in 'Software' started by silverbullet, Oct 9, 2010.

1. silverbullet

silverbullet Private First Class

for some reason wmp 12 has just started freezing when i open it up, i cant do anything with it, and have to end the process to close it... taskmanager shows it as runnining normal... it still plays the first song in my playlist then stops... i dont know why its doing it? any help? also the same time wmp started freezing, when i move files from my desktop to a folder, or folder to folder, the files ive moved remain in the folder until i either reload the folder, or refresh the desktop?

OS is win 7 64bit

also seems to be doing it with itunes too :S

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Security software are you using and have you just changed it?

Are these music tracks MP3, WMA, AAC etc?

Have you installed any Codec Packs, if so what one?

Boot to Safe Mode (F8 at boot) and see if the tracks play ok?

3. silverbullet

silverbullet Private First Class

i use avg free, always have done, always will... the only recent change was a avi video file i downloaded (which i usually play with divx player).. well divx had a problem with the file and an error message came up, i cant for the life of me remeber what it was, when i googled it alot of forums said it was caused by wrong codec's so i downloaded one from divx site... i will see if i can find in my history what it was i googled and downloaded...

im just trying to play mp3 files, or the playlist i have created with wmp... its always been fine up until last week when this problem started

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds