WMP General Error- Codecs needed?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dsbnh, Apr 11, 2004.

1. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

I try to play this mpeg file (I believe it's mpeg-4) and it does not play it. It begins the process of getting the codec needed but does not and instead gives out an error. The more info button reveals the error to be C00D11CD. Went to the forums there but apparently to actually post it's not possible at the moment, says it's unavaliable.

More about the issue: I tried GSpot but all informational fields yield a 'n/a'. I downloaded FFDSHOW as one representative in the WMP forums suggested but to no result. I also tried to converting the movie but it was no good as the software wouldn't convert it. Any ideas where to look next and what to do? As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

By the way, any alternative players recommended are welcomed as well.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Dont you need Divx??

3. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

I already have the Divx codec installed, I will install again and see, perhaps it was damaged somehow. I also downloaded the player just to try and it did not work.

Update: Apparently the codec was fine, nothing yet. Also apparently nowadays the codec install gator? Eek, horrible little thing. Don't remember that from last time. Removed.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It could be that the codec needed is Xvid, then.

Those are all the mpeg 4 codecs I know of.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds