wmv to mp4 conversion

Discussion in 'Software' started by wmarkj, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

Trying several programs to convert several .wmv to .mp4 for the iPod. Anyone else run into trouble with the audio being out of sync on the resulting mp4? How did you overcome this? Thanks.

2. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

Without telling us what you used to convert, makes the question kind of silly. If I don't know what you used that gave you out of sync audio, how am I supposed to advise? Perhaps if you try a two step process. Convert the wmv to avi first (choose cbr audio if you have a choice) then convert the avi to mp4.

3. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

Sorry, I am now trying Any Video Converter. I chose CBR. I tried changing the Video Framerate to 25, and it is in audio sync, but there are audio skips in the resulting mp4. I will try the avi to mp4 next.

4. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

tried to avi. Way out of sync.

5. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

I'm not sure if it will even see a wmv file but there is an open source converter (free) called AlltoAvi that may convert to avi for you better than the other converter. Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't allow many opensource projects to convert wmv formats. AlltoAvi was made more for converting MKV files ( a sort of container file like winrar only for video) so it still may come in handy for you to keep it around.

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds